New swimmers are welcome to join the team at any time throughout the year!
Please contact our Membership Coordinator to help you get started, and before visiting a practice:
- The ASA Aquadogs have three seasons: Fall (September-December), Winter (January-May), and Summer (June-August). Fall and Winter semesters cost $150. We will have more details about the Summer season soon.
- In addition to the ASA Aquadogs fees, you will need to pay for a USA Swim membership ($72/year*)
- Kirksville Aquatic Center fees
- $20 Unlimited Monthly Individual Pass
- $35 Unlimited Monthly Family Pass
- You can come participate in practices anytime to try us out for a week FREE of the Aquadogs and USA Swim charges.
Please make checks payable to the "Adair Swim Association"
- Please note the purpose of your payment in the memo section of your check (ie. " Fall Dues", "USA Swim Registration", " Aquadogs T-shirt" etc.)
- Check's may be left in the Aquadogs black box on the pool deck in the "Treasurer" folder. Additional, membership fees may be given directly to any Aquadogs board member
- Questions? Reach Paul at firstname.lastname@example.org or 660-357-0206
- Prerequisites: Aquadogs swimming is for swimmers ages 6-18 years who can swim one length of the pool unassisted in both freestyle and backstroke. Stroke technique does NOT need to be perfect!
- Involvement: Aquadogs swimmers can choose their own practice schedule and level of commitment based on the practice time options offered each season. Some swimmers choose to practice at a competition level, while other swimmers prefer to practice at a recreational level.
- The ability to dive and/or do flip-turns is also not required (these skills will be team-taught), however knowledge of basic breathing techniques and the ability to swim under water for a short distance is important.
- If swimmers are unsure of their abilities, Aquadogs coaches are happy to evaluate swim skills during a visit and to offer recommendations.
- Swimmers are also broken down into practice groups according to age and ability. Swimmers can select from several swim meets of varying levels in which to compete throughout the year, or simply swim to develop technique and take advantage of the great conditioning swimming offers!
- Getting Started: Please contact the Aquadogs Membership Coordinator (above) to arrange a visit date.